- Tour duration is 3 ¼ hours.
- Group size is small – up to 12 people.
- Our tour visits 2 different caves, the first is a cave with a boat ride, and the second is a walk-through cave.
- We take you on an inflatable raft to view glowworms – there are no rapids in the cave, it’s very gentle and serene.
- Our caves are presented very naturally, we’ve modified them as little as possible and they are located on a very beautiful, backcountry farm. You will encounter few other visitors – if any at all. Our tour is worth doing just for the drive out there!
- Tours are suitable for people of all ages and average fitness. Our scenic walks are short and optional. Please let our guide know at check in if you have any fitness concerns.
- We stay dry – the tour does not involve using a wet suit or abseiling or river rapids, it’s very easy.
- The tour takes place in the outdoors and cave temperatures are cool even in summer (10°C/50°F) so we do recommend bringing a jacket and comfortable walking shoes.
- You are welcome to bring your camera to snap some memories.
- Hot drinks and biscuits are provided. Toilets are also provided.
- We drive out to private caves on scenic country roads, and commentary is given along the way.
- During times of flooding the raft may not operate for safety reasons.
- Our pricing philosophy. Don’t worry about missing out on ‘special discounts’ or ‘deals’, we don’t do them, instead we feel that genuine pricing is more important. Our everyday price represents very good value, we maintain the same price throughout the year and it will be the same wherever you purchase your ticket. We do make an exception for group discounts. We don’t have a 2 adult 2 child family pass because this is awkward for families with fewer or more children. We think it’s a fair family deal to charge for each child at well under half the adult price. We do charge for infants because they will require their own seat in our van.
Yes you can take photographs during the tour but flash photography is not allowed in the glowworm cave – mainly to protect the glowworms and also your night vision.
Occasionally (about 5-6 days per year) Spellbound is forced to cancel tours because of flooding, our guides will only operate the raft when they are certain it will be safe.
Weather in New Zealand can be unpredictable, that is why we ask for contact details.
We look forward to receiving your booking and welcoming you onto one of our simply magical glowworm tours, New Zealand.